Germaphobic?!


On various and multiple occasion, Kanata has mentioned about his obsession with neatness and cleanliness. One quick reference was the most difficult scene to shoot in Gantz, in which he mentions that it was when he had to lay on the ground in Nishi's death. Of course, all that was in his mind was the dirtiness of the street.
In any case, you're probably thinking 'why is she bringing this up' right? Well, I finally got around to watch the Talk Show Kanata was recently on and that was one of the main highlights--his obsession with cleanliness. I'm thinking about subbing it, But that might take a while (and it's only a thought) so I'm going to highlight a the two main parts I super enjoyed, which were both in the second half.

In the first few moments, Kanata had to roll the huge dice, which landed on "未来日記のあ然とした話" (Mirai Nikki's Tell us about a moment of shock). So since Masaki Okada (from Seito Shokun) was starting, he was like "In real life, the 3 of us are...um...I'm going to tell you guys about being neat freaks" (note that this is a loose translation). He explains about that he's a person who likes to keep his things neat all the time. Then he branches to talk about Kanata and bathing. I couldn't really understand, but it must be something extraordinary for the audience to be all surprised. Kanata couldn't even talk properly after that (the poor thing).
After the host asks Kanata some more questions, Kanata redirects the focus to Okada and Kikuchi Fuma (from Sexy Zone). Fuma starts talking about how he handles the door after he washes his hands in the bathroom. He demonstrates that after washing his hands, he doesn't want to open the door knob directly so he uses both wrists to turn the knob open. All the while he was explaining, Kanata was paying very close attention, even imitating Fuma's actions, confirming "So you do it like this?" In response, Fuma asks, "So how do you do it?"
"Well, after washing my hand, I open the door..." He motions that opens the door and gets up from his seat. "Then, I set my foot between the door so that it doesn't close, and I wash my hand again." (I do the same thing!!!) Kanata answers so confidently, everyone was left speechless and awed at his genius.



The host asks Okada how he deals with it. Okada talks about turning off the water. He describes how after washing his hands, he'd use his index and thumb to turn off the water. Of course our germaphobic genius jumps in again and suggests that Okada can just "cup some water in your hand, pour it over the sink knobs and then turn off the water." This leaves the host speechless again. He calls Kanata something, but unfortunately, I can't catch it.

Well, that ends my random highlights today.

Hope you guys will tune in on it later as well!!

You can email me at kanatadaily@gmail.com if you want me to review Kanata's other works.

2 comments:

  1. It's Kanata indeed.. (*.*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I often use my wrists to open the door, but never tried Kanata's method. He's such a genius! :D

    ReplyDelete